Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Same Planet, Different World

Before I left, my 4 year old nephew & I were talking about the long plane ride I would take & how far away I would be. At one point, he asked me if I was going to fly close by the moon on my way to Africa. While it seems like an absurd question, it really isn’t that far off....for as different as some things about the cultures are, we might as well be on different planets! As I was flying over the Atlantic ocean, I was praying for the Swazi people & thinking about several who I want to spend time with while I’m here. I was imagining them walking to get water, standing over a fire cooking, sleeping on the mats on the floors of their houses....and at the same time I overheard two flight attendants telling each other the football scores that they had just gotten text messages about. I can’t even comprehend the technology that makes airplanes fly, let alone what all is involved behind international text messaging....and knew I was going to a different world!

No comments:

Post a Comment