Friday, October 14, 2011

Make A Joyful Noise To The Lord, All The Earth

“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.(Psalm 100:1) The flowers of the field cry to be heard, the trees of the forest are singing, and all of creation with one voice, will join in the chorus of this world.”

I remember the first time I walked into a church service overseas. I had no idea what people were saying or singing, but as soon as they sang, tears welled up in my eyes. The passion in their voices reminded me that God has created EVERYTHING and EVERYONE to worship Him, and that one day all will uninhibitedly worship Him.
This morning, as I sit here with my coffee, I am once again overwhelmed by the voices of the school kids down the road singing in their morning assembly. It's not even 8am, but I am challenged as to how God is calling me to make a joyful noise to Him today, especially as I listen further to the ways that this part of the earth is making a joyful noise to the Lord, this is what I hear:
~chickens, donkeys, turkeys, birds making their noises
~cows & donkeys walking down the dirt road
~the school bell ringing at weird intervals
~preschoolers playing and saying good morning
~people walking and running through the gravel outside of my door
~a kid who found a whistle out on the playground
~wheelbarrows being pushed across the gravel to the spigot to fill up containers with water
~trucks full of sugar cane turning on the road
~tractors going up & down the dirt road
~the door & gate squeaking in the wind
~people talking on homesteads quite a ways away
~workers loading things onto trailers across the road
~laughter of kids playing outside
~preschoolers singing "Jesus Loves The Little Children" at the preschool

“Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord.”
(Psalm 100:3-4, 102:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment