Sunday, October 7, 2012

Today I Go To Worship...

...not to have a cultural experience.
...not to try to learn new words in the language.
...not to focus on the kids from the area.
...not to try to connect to friends.
...not to evaluate methods or traditions.
...not to analyze a preacher or style.
...not merely because I am called to...

...but because I can.

...I can because of what Christ has done for me on the cross, I can approach the throne of grace with confidence - for prayer and for worship.  I don't have to be afraid of being struck down by the just wrath of a holy God because my sinfulness is so far removed & offensive to His holiness.  I don't have to be afraid to say the name of the Lord or invent words to get around it.  But because I am covered by the blood of Jesus, I am free now to join the heavenly beings, all of creation, and the saints from all of history in worshiping at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment