Sunday, September 12, 2010

In The Blink Of My Eyes

Why “In The Blink Of My Eyes”? The average person blinks around 657 million times in their lifetime; 17,000 in one day alone. We see so many images, faces, words, and our eyes are bombarded every moment of every day...yet if we are looking close enough, with tender and teachable hearts, the Creator of the universe, who has paid the price of redemption, is pursuing us, and is offering it to us in grace, is revealing Himself to us through every blink of an eye.

“The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.”
(Psalm 19:1)
“For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.”
(Romans 1:20-21)

Not only have I been blessed to see the ways the Lord has revealed Himself in His creation - in the mountains, in the faces of His people, in the beauty of three continents. But also, He has revealed himself to me as I’ve looked into the eyes of so many people who are hungry for Him - hundreds of teenagers, thousands of suburban people, hundreds of orphans.

So, this blog is my futile attempt at sharing some of the ways that the Lord is revealing Himself to me in the blink of my eyes.

It has been a long (and hard) decision for me to decide to write a blog, but I have decided to...
  • in order to keep myself accountable for sharing the stories that God allows me to have a front row seat on;
  • in order to keep the writing part of my brain thinking (after so many years of school, it seems a waste to shut it down!);
  • in order for me not to have to bombard people with emails to update them when I am serving on a mission trip.
I will use it not just to update you while I’m gone, but also to share with you the ways that the Lord is constantly teaching, refreshing, refining, and somehow using me here in Colorado as well. To Him alone be the glory!

1 comment:

  1. YAY Erica! I can think of no blogger I would rather read. Love you & so excited to be able to hear about your experiences. May God continue to bless you for your faithfulness. You rock, my friend!

    ReplyDelete