Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Every time it snows...

While Denver has continued to stay warm into November, I have been blessed to be up enjoying a few days of winter this week! And I'm constantly amazed (and giddy) as it snows, as it is a tangible reminder that even though we muck up the world and make it dirty & ugly, God can turn it into a wonderland of clean, pure, refreshing whiteness in a matter of minutes. Over the past couple of weeks, in a couple of conversations, I was reminded of the ways that God speaks through His word about how we can compare the purity & completeness of our forgiveness to the whiteness of snow. And as I have been soaking in it (well, actually sitting warmly inside while watching it snow out the window) over the past couple of days, I have been reminded of the complete and permanent forgiveness we have been offered through Christ again.
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." (Isaiah 1:18) "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." (Psalm 51:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment