Monday, February 27, 2012

The Word of God is Living and Active - Part 1

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
~Hebrews 4:12


I remember the first time I really started reading my Bible...and realizing that God still speaks through His word today. I was overwhelmed, not sure how I had grown up in church my whole life & never realized that the God of the universe chose to reveal Himself to us...not only through creation, through history, but through His word! Over 1600 years, He used several authors to write down His message to us about Himself. And as I have looked back through my 10+ years of journaling, I am humbled by the ways that He has revealed Himself to me, shaped me, convicted me and led me to today. It is humbling to look back through Bibles of mine & see dates where He spoke specifically through a verse or fulfilled a promise!Spending time with the Lord in Gokyo, Nepal with Cho Oyu in the distance.

There have been several specific verses & seasons where God has used a passage to shape & direct me toward moving to Swaziland full time. Some of these have been specific to Swaziland, and some have been influential in shaping my ministry life. So over the next several pos
ts, I am going to share these with you so that you can see how He still speaks today!

(**Disclaimer...there have been many other verses He has used as well to shape my heart, but these posts will focus on those that have led me down this call to full time ministry in Swaziland. Also, I know that many of these are taken out of context, but many times the same verse or phrase would come up in several places in my life as I was wrestling through an area!)

No comments:

Post a Comment